Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > how do i get back software
how do i get back software

2318 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: 2014-12-06 18:22:18

•   Level 2   
    (20) points
    gonzellio
    2014-11-16 05:22:54
    My system crash how do I get back all the software

Tags: PRO

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2014-11-16 08:25:34 (Reply to:gonzellio)

Well since it already crashed now is a good time to do a factory reset including erasing
    Sd card. Next configure your internet,language,time zone etc. Then just go to update
    there will be a system update when that is compled restart the tool and do the rest of
    the updates. I think that is pretty much it. Good luck.

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2014-11-16 08:39:01 (Reply to:ede65)

Hopefully you are still under your update period which brings a very good question.
    How in the in the world can we do this after our update period expires. I don't see a
    way to back up this unit in case of a crash like yours or if the hard drive takes a dive. I
    am about to run out of warranty and update my self.

•   Level 2   
    (23) points
    ceehoppy

2014-12-06 18:22:18 (Reply to:ede65)

Well,   you can connect the updated/working  Maxi to a pc via its mini usb port with the supplied usb cable. Then enable usb connect mode on the maxi (the option popped up when I plugged in the cable). Now you can copy all the contents of the internal SD card to the pc's drive (quite a few GB- but doesn't include the android os files). This appears to be all the files you get when you do updates. I have read that if you copy the files back to the maxi, it should "restore" all the scantool updates.
  Total1 Pages